Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the broken road

The other night our friend Chris stopped by and some how we got on the topic of freshman year and how things came to be with me and Mark. We reminisced about star gazing with our friends and how I would always try to be next to Mark but then his girlfriend would call. Or how we went to the sand dunes ALL the time and that is where Mark and I first held hands after his roommate was trying to hit on me. We definitely had rough times where one of us or the other would decided we didn't want to be together and then it would switch. We let each other down at times and hurt each other, there were other girls that I still give Mark crap for because secretly it really hurt me even though I acted so tough freshman year, acting like I really didn't care about Mark and that I could get any guy I wanted... But through it all the memory that stands out the most is the butterflies I got every time I was around him. I didn't know what it was but he was the first guy I was actually really nervous to hold hands with or kiss. I had never felt anything like that in high school.
As I look back through the past 4 years with Mark, there is so much joy, pain, sorrow, happiness, excitement, so much to move on from and so much to look forward to.
I now know what those butterflies were, a sign that this kid was one day going to be my husband.

"Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you"

 I use to make Mark and his roommates do the most random things with me, like build this fort and watch movies under it. This was our first semester, yup that's Logan!
 At the dunes our first semester.
At Mark's house, look how chubby I was!

1 comment:

  1. KELLI! You were NEVER chubby!! But awww the pictures are sooo cute! :) best couple ever!!!

    ReplyDelete