Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

love/mostly hate relationship



Running is not my thing. I've never understood people who just "love" running. It's hard on my knees, my throat, I get bored {do I need to go on complaining?}

But I go through phases where I'm motivated to run. For the past few weeks I've ran on the tredmill every night. I started really slow and just ran {ok maybe it was jog}/walk for 25 minutes. Then I started to increase my speed just a little each night. Then increase the time by a few minutes. Then try to run 2 miles straight, then increase a quarter of a mile each night. Last night I increased my speed to see how fast I could run a mile, I'll be honest though, I didn't push myself as hard as I should have {but I was worried because I had Craigos pizza right before and I didn't want to throw up at the gym}.

But I think my biggest problem is that I get bored running. I try to watch tv, but the gym only shows CNN, Fox News, BYU tv and ESPN, I need some Kardashians or a real tv show to distract me. I listen to my iPod, good beats that give me a good pace and motivate me. But I still get bored.

I don't think I'll ever love running. But I do love how I feel after. I love being a little sore in the mornings.

Goal: I'm going to run every day, no matter how short or slow, always run!


No comments:

Post a Comment