Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Isn't It Ironic

My 3 month vacation is offically over-I started my new job yesterday! I wrote a few months ago about my "plan." That "plan" included getting a job at a Public Relations firm and living in the city. I quickly realized, once being back in the Bay Area, that that plan was really just an exciting fantacy that I wanted to live for a couple months or in another life. I realized that I don't really want a fast city life but love living in the cute little East Bay suburbs with snooty people and Blackhawk moms with fake everything who make me smile and remind me that I always want to be down to Earth.

Anyways, my realistic life is falling into place. Like I said, I got a job this week at a Mortgage firm in downtown Danville (yes, the city I grew up in...kind of weird). Although it wasn't what I had "planned" on, it turned out to be a great opportunity for me. It's only about 15 minutes from Mark's office (given there's no traffic...) and the city, San Ramon, that we are thinking about living in is right inbetween my office and Marks! My office is directly across the street from my favorite sandwich place, Dominicos, as well as probably hundreds of other restaraunts! Besides my stomach being satisfied, the job has many incentives and opportunities for long term. I'm not sure what to call my position,I guess Loan start up, I process new and refinanced loans and then send them to the Loan Processor who sends them to Title. But like I said, there's opportunity to grow in the future and work part time or from home once I have kids, so that is a huge plus!

Another exciting thing that happened was that we got a second car! Yay for no more sharing one car! I can't believe we've been doing that for almost 2 years. But looking back, it wasn't as bad as it sounds, we were lucky that Rexburg was as small as it was and we could carpool together :) I got a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta and LOVE it!

The past 3 months have been boring and fun all at the same time. My typical day usually went somewhat like this: wake up sometime between 8-10, go run or do Nike Training app, shower, clean our room, job search for a couple hours, send my resume to TONS of places, run some errands, watch Dr. Oz, the Doctors, and Ellen, then Mark would come home.
I got to spend a lot of time with family; Mark's family had a reunion in Big Trees State park and all of his brothers and our sisters-in-law and cute nieces and nephew were all here and I got to spend lots of time with them! It was so fun to have them all here, I wish they all lived here still.
I've also gotten to spend a lot of fun time with my sisters. On Tuesday we went to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and rode every ride!  Then Wednesday was the 4th of July and we spent it at my parent's house bbq-ing and playing Harts and setting off fireworks! It was so fun to be back after 4 years of celebrating the 4th in Rexburg. It was a great end to my vacation.

It's interesting to see how life plays out and gives me maybe not what I want but what is best for me. I'm happy to be back by family and in warm California with a job and a car and the best husband I could ask for. He works so hard and NEVER complains! He's a great example to me and is the best support I could dream of.

1 comment: