Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." -Oprah Winfrey

This past friday night I got a much needed girl's night with some of the most amazing girls I have EVER met! I have never been roommates with them {except for the wonderful Adria!} and I haven't known them all that well but when I'm with them I don't feel awkward or the weird married girl that is tagging along, I feel like we were friends before this. I only wish that I had hung out with them more over the past couple semesters.
Anyways, Suzanne, Brianne and Adria came and picked me up {thanks Suz!} and then we went and got Abby and Olivia! I knew this was going to be a great group with LOTS of memories to be made.
When we got to Suz, Bri and adria's apartment, me and liv and abbs were a little nervous because the other girls seemed to be planning something, and you never know what adria has up her sleeve!
We did a little learning from our friend cosmopolitan, discussed some crazy topics, caught abby's contagious laugh, screamed and ran down the hall because we thought adria was trying to scare us, got a little fashion show from Bri ;), a hot guy with a sexy stache {aka adria} dha, then we crashed on the couches and floor at 3am to be woken up by poor suz screaming at the top of your lungs "GO AWAY!" thanks for saving our lives!
You girls have no idea how much I needed that night. you probably thought it was just a typical night sleeping in the living room, but it was a little therapy sesh for me. Thank you for treating me like one of the gang! I love you girls and you all mean so much to me.
Abby-ever since the day we worked together in the rs presidency I have been intrigued by your smile and personality. I regret that I hadn't gotten to know you better when we both lived at the Ridge, i have to admit I was a little intimidated haha. Everyone wants to be your friend. Thank you for being such an amazing source of strength to everyone around you. You are beautiful inside and out! Thank you for your amazing testimony and for sharing it through your beautiful writing abilities {yes, I stalk your blog daily :)}
Suzanne-first of all, you are absolutely gorgeous! I have loved playing just dance with you over the past couple semesters! I love that there is someone who is just as scared at night as me! haha I loved your screams and saving our lives. I have heard about all the times Bri or adria have scared you but it was priceless seeing it first hand last night, we can be scaredy cats together!
Olivia-you have been an inspiration since the day I met you at your baptism. I have so many great memories with you from our double dates at home, our summer of being groupies, our sleepovers, skinny dipping..hahah i love you so much! I love your beautiful smile with your perfect teeth. Thanks for your friendship over the years and in the years to come. I hope you know I'm always here for you, I'm just down the street from you and always just a text or call away. I would be at your side any time, day or night, so feel free to call me if you ever need someone.
Adria-oh my, so much to say about you haha, but mostly thanks for all the crazy laughs you provide and the endless love you show to everyone. You are truly an example to me. I've loved living with you my first semester at the ridge, working with you and looking at "cute kittens" with me, sleeping with you in San Diego at Jana's wedding :), and all the many times you have scared me or our roommates haha!
Brianne-last but certainly not least! I just love you! you are so cute and so much fun! You always make me smile. I'm so glad that after hanging out here and there the last 2 semesters when you were roommates with Glenna, we are finally friends hahaha I don't know why I took so long, I think I was just in that weird limbo of marriage and making new friends. Anyways, thanks for being so amazing. You are a hottie with a body that I definitely envy. I love all your spunk and attitude :) I'm going to miss you soo soo much next semester.

You girls are the best and mean so much to me. I've been in this awkward balance of being a newlywed but still wanting girl friends. I thought after my friends and I graduated that I wouldn't have any friends, and I think I made it that way at first. SO thank you for taking me in and making me feel like we've always been best friends.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment