Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Making life happen

I never really knew what my dreams were. When people would talk about all these amazing dreams they wanted to accomplish I always was a little envious because I didn't really have any dreams. Who doesn't have dreams?!
I've realized lately that I do have dreams but I've just never called them dreams, just things I hope to do one day. I don't know if it's because my parent's provided me such a wonderful life that I didn't have to sit and daydream about my future or if I've just always thought I could do whatever I wanted and so I didn't "dream." Whatever it may be, I have a great life and am grateful for my family for allowing me to feel like everything is within my grasp, I just have to work hard.

Mark and I are going to live one of our dreams in April, we are going to Europe {are you sick of me talking about it yet?}We finalized cities and dates last night, now I just need to buy our Eurail Passes and book the places we are staying. Both of us have always wanted to travel the world but didn't know it was a "dream."

My next dream that I'm going to start working on is getting a job in San Francisco so we can move into an apartment there {hopefully in a skyscraper with a bell hop named Douglas or something} and get Giants season tickets!

I know SF is one of the most expensive cities to live in and I don't know what I want to do for my career, but I'm going to do this! I mean why not? It's the perfect time in our life to live in a big city for a little while. I'm not expecting to live in some gorgeous building in a pent house, I'm not that delusional :) But I want to live in SF, it's a beautiful city that I love, there's so much to do and see, we won't need a second car if we live in the city because I can walk or take Bart to work. We are young and don't have kids, so I'm going to make this happen.
*If anyone knows of jobs let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment