Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

LAME

I've never been a huge fan of valentine's day, it's kind of like New year eve, there's all this hype and big expectations and then it's kind of lame. It's not that I don't have good valentine's days or that Mark doesn't do anything, he's always done really sweet things for me. Last year he made me dinner and got me flowers. The first year we were dating he told me he had to go home for the weekend and really tricked me into believing he was home {he even texted me a picture of In 'n out!} and secretly left a card and some other things on my door step and tricked me into believing it was someone else asking me out on a date for valentines day, I was so mad and didn't want to go out with whoever it was. Then he showed up at my door that night and took me to dinner!
Despite all that, I just don't like the holiday. There are too many expectations. It doesn't help that it's on a Tuesday this year! {I am not waking up at 6 to make breakfast for my sweetheart before I go to work.} I was always embarrassed to wear red or pink to school on Valentines day, weird I know!
I usually love doing crafts and decorating but I just can't get into valentine's crafts and decorating our apartment, it's too cheesy, too forced. I've tried really hard to find all the cute ideas on pinterest and think of cute decorations to make but I just don't really like them.
I guess I just don't like that there is one day a year where people have to tell each other how much they love each other. I feel like it's an excuse for guys to be romantic or sweet one day out of the year and then feel like they are off the hook for 365 days.

I would be fine if Valentine's day was no longer a holiday, come on, we can come up with a better holiday than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment