Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

simple joys



Mark started a new job on campus! It's awesome, except for the hours. He works from 4:30-8:30pm, which isn't bad, but I just feel bad that he is literally on campus from 9am-8:30pm...long day.
And it's been a little tricky for me to figure out what to do about dinner because I'm hungry when I get off work at 5, so lately I've been eating dinner and then making something for him when he gets home. Lame.
But it's also been kind of a bummer because we don't have much time together, we don't get to go to the gym together every evening anymore, I have to motivate myself...
and we get from about 9:00-11:30 when we go to bed to spend time together. Lately that has included watching our new fav show "Whose line is anyway" and then playing uno, about 5 rounds because we are both so competitive!

But last night we got to have a mini date. When he called me to pick him up from work I was almost finished making enchiladas and he told me he wanted to take me to get a snow cone! So after he ate we went to get what was probably our last snow cone of the season. We both got Malibu Barbie with cream :) {mine was a little short on juice and was mostly just snow, but that's ok.} Then we ran some little errands, to pick up Mark's last paycheck from 5 buck, which wasn't there, and then to the bank so I could deposit my "College Deposit" that was just sent to me that you get after you graduate! Then we went home and of course watched Whose line, then played Mario Cart on the wii and then Mark had to play some uno before bed. 

It was a simple night. 
Full of simple fun. Simple laughs. simple love.
It was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment