Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

weekend, what weekend?

This week has been rough. *I apologize in advanced for the rant I'm about to go on. I just need to let it out.

Work has been beyond crazy. Usually I welcome lots of work to keep me busy and make my days go by faster, but the work that has come in this week was nothing short of hectic. 20+ offers to write up and send over to buyer to get signatures, only for him to tell me that his name is spelled wrong, thanks to my boss for not giving me a heads up. So I had to re-write them all and send them back over to him. Then, after we got the signatures, I had to send them over to the selling agencies, only for half of them to respond back saying they have already accepted an offer or the offers have to be submitted electronically...such a hassle. My boss has kept his nose out of the whole thing, leaving me to deal with it all.
It's now Friday and I woke up with a massive head ache and stiff neck, probably from work and typing all day, looking at the computer and offers. I can't keep anything straight, can't remember what needs to be done for other clients or what has already been done, regardless of my numerous lists and check marks.
I terribly need a weekend, except I'm not looking forward to the weekend ahead. It's going to be busy busy busy. Mark doesn't get home from work until 8:30 tonight, cool Friday night by myself. Hiking Table Rock Saturday morning, which I am excited for, except for the fact that Mark wants to leave our apartment by 7:00 AM! I just love waking up super early on Saturdays {this looming fact has made me grumpy all week.} Then Sundays I have meetings up the wazoo, whatever that expression means. *Side note, I have come to the realization that I hate Sundays. They are suppose to be a day to feel the Spirit and think about our Savior. We are suppose to spend the day with our families and have family dinners. Except, all Sundays have been for me for the past few years is pointless meetings. We go to 3 hours of church meetings, then come home to grab a quick bite to eat, then have RS presidency meetings that end up being 2 hours instead of 45 minutes, then I have a RS activity meeting to plan our activity for October, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that people actually show up, they usually don't so it's me and one other girl that end up doing all the work. Then visiting teaching, that's a whole other tangent. (don't get me wrong, I understand the purpose, which is great to be there for each other, but in my experience VT has always been going over to someone's house who doesn't really want you there, just to try to be friends with someone who doesn't want to be your friend...) Then by the time I'm done, its 8:00 and I still have to cook dinner and finally get to spend a couple hours with my husband, who all this time has been napping or lying on the couch sad because we never get to see each other. Can you tell Sunday's are not my favorite?!

So that is my weekend. No rest. no relaxing. no dates with hubby. I know I have a bad attitude, but I can't help it!  I need a 4 day weekend or something. I need a date to Olive Garden (with our gift card.) I need to sleep in past 7:45. I need to wear sweats and watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment