Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

and the verdict is...

Last night I went to my very first Midnight Premier. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was fun but we didn't dress up or do anything crazy and I don't really know if it's worth it to see a movie when you get home at almost 3 Am and have to be up for work 5 hours...But I did have fun with Mark and Peter and Tara!

Now on to the more important aspect...the movie!
I have read the first book 2 and 1/2 times in the past 6 months and am absolutely obsessed. They are so well written and intriguing {disturbing but intriguing.}
I think I would have to give the movie a 3.75 out of 5. {The book will always been a 10 out of 5 for me!} It was really well made, not cheesy, the graphics were really great and I absolutely loved the cast! Every single one portrayed the character spot on! {I liked Haymitch so much more in the movie than the book!} But they did change some of the big things in the movie. For example, in the movie they don't talk about or show Madge at all, Katniss doesn't get the mockingjay pin from her. They also leave a lot of the history out and the connections between the characters {that's some of the best stuff!} I understand that they can't put every detail in the movie or else it would be 8 hours long {I would still watch it...} but I feel like they left out some crucial things. I also think they didn't make the arena as exciting as I imagined, yes, in the book a lot of the arena is waiting to die but some of the important things in the arena are left out or are really short.
All in all, I enjoyed the movie but think that if you didn't read the book then you wouldn't understand a lot.

The book is by far still better than the movie but they did a good job.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the book in awhile, so I imagine I'll probably like it. My husband and I are probably going to go see it next Friday while the kids are at a school party for their good grades. :)

    ReplyDelete