Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guinness world record

I'm gonna be in the Guinness book of world records for 2012... Ok, not really but I'm pretty sure today I set a new record for applying for a passport.

I got my passport in 2007 and it is valid until 2014, except, since I got married I needed to change my name. So I went into the Madison County Administration building today to change my name. The lady asked me if I just got my passport this year and I said no. Since it's over a year old, she told me I had to go through the whole process of getting a new passport. Awesome.

I remember when we got our passports the first time and it seemed like my mom had to run all over northern california to get the stupid thing. I was expecting this to be a huge hassle.

I figured I might as well run next door to Walgreens to get the new photo for my passport {this was the only good thing about having to get a new passport, my old passport photo was hideous, not even joking! it was stretched and blown up...all I can say is "buzz, your girlfriend, WOOF!"
Anyways, it only took about 10 minutes to get the picture developed, and in the mean time I filled out the paperwork for a new passport. I decided I would run back over to the Administration Building and give it a shot. I handed the lady my paperwork and my photo. She went through it and asked for another picture id...not even my marriage license or social security card, which I was prepared and had with me anyway.

Then I wrote out the big fat check for $110 to the U.S. Department of State {yeah whatever that means} and then also one for $25 to Madison County {really, madison county? why do I have to pay them to sign my application?}

That was it. I was out of there in 10 minutes. The whole process took under 40 minutes and all I had to do was run across the parking lot a couple of times. pretty painless. And I can expect my new passport {and old passport, for keep sake} in the mail in 4-6 weeks!

Europe, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment