Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween weekend

This weekend we didn't do too much, but we did have some high lights.

First one of my best friends, Glenna, came up to visit with her bf Ioua. We met up with them for dinner at wingers Friday night. Then we went back to our apartment to play Just Dance 3 with them, their friend McKay, Adria, Emily, her friend Seth, and Zan. Party at the married complex!!! At about 1:30 we finally kicked them out, which was way past my bed time. Sorry neighbors if we were loud!

Then Saturday Mark and I both woke up late and were grumpy. We had planned to go to the temple, and although neither one of us were in the mood, we new it was what we needed. We had a wonderful session and I'm so glad we went. Everything we were grumpy about went away and we were so happy sitting in the Celestial room. Then the second we walked out the temple doors, it seemed like we were instantly grumpy {which is mostly my fault, I will admit}

So I decided I needed to go to the gym, since we didn't have any plans anyways and Mark was going to go play bball with some friends. I decided I wanted to jog to the gym. On my way there, I passed a little old lady who was raking the leaved in her yard. I instantly started bawling, I don't really know why, I guess because my emotions caught up with me and seeing her bent over trying to rake her leaves broke my heart, and my biggest fear is getting old and not being able to do anything for myself. So after a minute I pulled myself together and gathered the courage to go over and ask to help her. She was so excited that I wanted to help. She had a TON of leaves! It took about an hour and a half to rake the leaves into piles and scoop them into trash bags {I can't imagine how long it would have taken her by herself!}, and have a great conversation with this sweet lady. It was exactly what I needed. Plus I got to meet her cat, which made it even better :) The second I picked up the rake, I felt 100% better.

Then I ran to the gym and worked out for a little bit and then headed to the basketball courts to find Mark and tell him about my experience. I walked around every court looking for him, but I couldn't find him. So I walked back through the gym to run home. As I was walking out the doors I saw my cute hubby. He asked me where I'd been, he said he'd been looking for me for hours. I left my phone at home and he'd been trying to call me, oops!! He told me he had called Rachel and all our friends looking for me, what a cutie!

Then when we got home there were the most beautiful roses on the counter! What a sweet guy!

After dinner we went to Kiwi Loco with Brent and Jamie and then walked down the street to look at the pumpkins in the carving contest. There were some pretty amazing ones!

I loveeee Hocus Pocus!

Me and Mark with the Sanderson Sisters

Of course, this was my favorite pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment