Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

utah lovin'

We had a great weekend down in Utah!

It started with a very rainy drive down, up it rained the whole way. We got to my grandmas at 12:45 and hit the sack. Then we woke up {late} around 8:30 and hurried to get ready to go to breakfast at Mark's brother's house. It was fun to have breakfast with Dave & Lauren, Dani and 5 of our nieces and nephew. Then I met Glenna to go shopping at the Gateway in Salt Lake. It was so great to be reunited! I can't believe its been 6 months since we've seen each other! After we picked up Rachel we were on our way to a day full of shopping :)
We had a great time, full of TONS of laughs, reminiscing, and great deals! After I got my long awaited Pumpkin Spice from Starbucks we walked past the Build-a-bear workshop and Glenna told us that she had never made one...so Rachel and I decided we were going to buy one for her as an early b-day present. So we made her pick out one and then she got to stuff it and everything. It was so funny. All the workers were treating her like a little kid, first they would ask who it was for {what, can a girl not get a build a bear for herself?! Does it always have to be for a boyfriend or little kid?!} When she was stuffing her bear and putting the heart in they made her do all these things like jump up and down 22 times {cuz she will be 22 years old!} rub it on her tummy, on her head, on her nose...make a wish! {Don't worry I got the whole thing filmed!} She was so embarrassed, but it was super fun for me!

Then of course we ate at CPK! amazing, as always. Then it was time to head back to Provo. I got to see Glenna's sweet apartment ;) Let me just say, it's a beauty. haha we thought Rexburg was ghetto?! I got to say hi to Ioua really fast. Then it was over to Nick and Brendon's aparatment. It was really good to see those boys and say hi to my hubbs for a few minutes! Then Rachel and I headed over to our Aunt Shell's {michelle} house for a girls night! Our cousin Amanda came over. It was so much fun to catch up, we haven't seen our aunt Michelle since my wedding a year ago! She pulled out old photo albums of us {she use to baby sit us almost every day.} Then my cousin Jacob came home and we got to catch up with them. They are such a great family!

We didn't leave their house until 11:00 when the byu game ended and I realized we should leave to beat traffic. Rachel and I drove to Mark's brothers house to meet him on his way home from the BYU game. Rachel and I had a good talk in the car. We had a much needed sister bonding weekend.

We were exhausted after our day of shopping! All three of us slept in until 11:30! I can't even remember the last time I slept in that late! Later in the day we got to skype with my family and draw names for Christmas and then we headed over to dinner at Dave & Lauren's again. Our nieces are so cute but so crazy! There were only 6 of them there but you would have guessed there were 16!

It was really fun to be with such a great friends and family. We are so blessed to have such loving people in our lives.

Glenna at Build-a-bear

Embarrassed and laughing hysterically

Stuffing her dog with the worker



Rupert! so cute

Great picture of rach and glenna...too bad I look bald and have  a winky eye!
I wish I would have taken more pictures this weekend. Note to self: Take more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment